When on Maui there is far more to do than time permits. Many people come to Maui to see and do everything, while other s come to just relax oceanside. However you plan to experience Maui, may we provide the following tips:
1) BEST LUAU: Feast at Lele Reserve ahead via their website
2) Drive up and enjoy Haleakala volcano...stop on the way back down for brunch/lunch at the Kula Lodge (fabulous food). See Makawao and Paia on the same day or bike down it. We suggest you consider one of the downhill biking companies that just drops you off at the top rather than one where they have riders in front and back as the escorted ones go down way too fast, so you miss all the nice scenery. Its all downhill and a great way to see the countryside.
3) If you go to Hana, there are CDs and guidebooks available at most stores....take these with you and use them as they will tell you where to stop to see everything....the fun here is the trip itself, as there is actually almost nothing in Hana, but many waterfalls and beaches to see along the way there. Also, once you get there, consider driving on around the back side of the volcano...it may show as a dotted line on the map, but any rental car can make it...the scenery is spectacular. Bear in mind that if you break down back there, the rental companies may not pay for the tow from back there.
4) Supplies: Consider buying as much as you can at Costco and Walmart near the airport, then next cheapest is Safeway, near the Cannery in Lahaina. Also go to the farmer's market on Lower Honoapiilani Rd between Honokawai and Kahana for the best local fresh fruits and veggies and granolas. It is open M/W/F in the morning from 7:30 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. Also, get a free smoothie for every $25 you buy. For upscale food/wine/meats shop at Foodland, across the highway from The Cannery.
5) Consider going to one of Maui's many spas, such as the Montage Maui Spa, Kapalua Bay - Pricey but very nice. PHONE: 808-662-6600
6) ULALENA – A Story of Hawaii’s People. A musical depiction of Hawaii’s History. For Reservations: (808) 856-7900
7) Warren & Annabelle’s Magic – An evening of magic and laughter. This is probably one of the most fun things you can do on Maui. Adults only and we highly recommend this one! Reservations required: PHONE: (808) 667-6244
8) Burn'n Love - Relive the excitement of Elvis in Hawaii. It is an outstanding show PHONE: (808)-856-7900